Technical WorkPlace at LEA, Inc.:
Technical Discussion. New discussion on: arctic sea ice related documents and operative regulatory documents of BP oil spill (BPOS). Also, seminal Puget Sound, Washington circulation and velocities documents; mixing zone diffuser port velocity criteria; and EPA development documents for effluent limitations guidelines including effluent concentrations.
- Effluent Limitations Regulatory Program Documents. Newly added or linked documents for: EPA Technical Suport Documents for the 2010 Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan. Previous year TSD for Effluent Guidelines for Years 2008, 2006 and 2004 are also archived. The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Table of Contents for Effluent Guidelines and Standards are included (40 CFR 400 through 40 CFR 471).
- Key Industry Development Documents and ELG. Newly added documents on: effluent limitiations guidelines for ocean oil and gas extraction, which include the coastal and offshore categories as well as the development document and ELG for synthetic drilling fluids. Previously, seafood processing effluent concentrations were made available through this website. Specifically, effluent concentrations for mechanical bottom fish (MBF), conventional bottom fish (CBF), mechanically butchered salmon (MBS), hand butchered salmon (HBS), fish meal without solubles plant (FMN, i.e., without evaporator), fish meal with solubles plant (FMS, i.e., with evaporator) and scallop.
- Arctic Sea Ice Related Documents. Newly added USGS documents: Arctic Studies Initiative (ASI) Report, a.k.a., An Evaluation of the Science Needs to Inform Decisions on Outer Continental Shelf Energy Development in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas, Alaska (USGS June 2011), Arctic Sea Ice Decline: Projected Changes in Timing and Extent of Sea Ice in the Bering and Chukchi Seas (USGS 2010), Environmental Assessment for a Marine Geophysical Survey of Parts of the Arctic Ocean, August-September 2010 (USGS 2010).
- Operative Regulatory Documents on Day of BP Oil Spill in the GOM. Newly added documents: Regulatory documents in effect at the beginning (April 20, 2010) of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
MMS (now BOEMRE) related documents include:
MMS approved (February 2009) Exploration Plan used by BP at time of Oil Spill in the GOM; MMS reference to approval (April 15, 2009) for Categorical Exclusion review (CER) for the BP exploration plan; MMS Approval of BP EP, Mississippi Canyon Area (April 6, 2009); MMS Proposed GOM OCS Oil and Gas Lease Sale 206 Central Planning Area Environmental Assessment (October 2007); Gulf of Mexico OCS Oil and Gas Lease Sales: 2007-2012 Final Environmental Impact Statement (April 2007).
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) related documents include:
EPA Approved NPDES General Permit GMG290000 at Time of Oil Spill (October 2007); EPA Fact Sheet for NPDES General Permit GMG290000 at Time of Oil Spill; EPA Response to Public Comments for NPDES General Permit GMG290000; EPA Ocean Discharge Criteria Evaluation (ODCE, 1991) at time of Oil Spill.
- Key Mixing Zone Regulatory Documents. Newly added documents: Technical Support Document for Water-quality Based Toxics Control [TSD Toxics], water quality criteria, waste load allocations, estuaries, Amended Section 301(h) Technical Support Document for publicly owned treatment works (POTWs) discharge of less-than-secondary treated effluent [TSD 301(h)].
Science and Mapping Utilities. Newly added utilities for: seawater density calculator, conductivity to salinity converter, oxygen solubility calculator, dissolved oxygen (DO) saturation converter, latitude and longitude mapping locations.
You may contact us at